Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Eight is Waaaaay More Than Enough

Everyone and their dog has heard about the Octuplets and their mother. It has been all over the news for almost two months without any sign of dying down. It seems like every day there is a new story about her and her insanely large family that is on the cover of every magazine and the first story reporte on every news channel. I guess I have to ask why?

Giving birth to that many children at one time is an amazing thing that I think definitely deserves some media attention and a pat on the back. However, this woman already had six children and NO JOB. She was living with her mother, and was (and currently is) on welfare. If you already have six children, no job, and are living with your mother, what makes you think it is okay to have EIGHT more babies?

I personally feel very sad for these children. Obviously the mother was not thinking about how all of this would affect her children, and she is using all of this publicity, not to mention tax payers to dollars to support her gigantic family. She has also set up a donation website for anyone willing to help her out. My question is, where did she get money for in vitro fertilization? Obviously she didn’t get impregnated like this naturally . . . so where did the money for this come from in the first place?

The latest piece about the Octa-mom in the news has to do with her firing her group of nannies. Nannies, who were not being paid for their services of taking care of her children. What I find Ironic is this woman’s excuse for firing these volunteers is because she believed they were spying on her and leaking information about her babies and family to the press. Isn’t that what she wants though?

At this time, there are four out of the eight babies home from the hospital now. Doctors were only expecting seven babies instead of eight, and it took 46 surgeons to deliver the Octuplets.

5 comments:

  1. I really hope Suleman is seen unfit for her family. It makes me mad and other choice words which I would want to put here about her decision. She should lose her children. Welfare is not the best way to raise a child, regradless of her emotional connection to them. I am so sick of hearing about this lady that I began tuning her news out. I too blogged about this psycho! I heard this morning on the radio about the nanny and spying thing as well. I was like "what the heck, this lady is crazy!" I heard this help was free too. We keep seeing all the media coverage on her, but I want to start seeing action on her. Removing the children from her, esp. I don't know why I hate this lady so much, but I just do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sami,
    I have a girl out at the school where I work who is doing a speech on overpopulation. She uses this exact story to relate to each of us. This lady, who already had six kids, did not need to go through this process. We have an abundancy of children living in foster care and without proper parents and family life as it is. Therefore, this process of having eight kids at one time is going against what our country is trying to establish. I agree that she should not be kept responsible for these kids. Enough said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally think it is insane to have eight kids at one time. There is no reason for that, because it is not fair to the kids number one. It would be very tough to take care of eight kids and give each one of them the attention that they need. Also, it does not seem that she was or is financially stable to have this many kids, along with the other six kids she already has.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you and others that this woman was not thinking when she had those eight babies in addition to her already six. Her thinking that welfare and volunteers are going to raise her children is rediculous. She shouldn't even be allowed to have children, in my opinion! And I definitely feel sorry for those kids. And unfortunately the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. I hope that these children have some positive role models in their lives besides their crazy mother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You raise some great questions many of us are asking ourselves. Why being the biggest of all. This woman seems more paranoid all the time as well as being a control freak. And where did this new house come from? Early on she said she was not looking for handouts – when in truth she was already getting assistance. And then I heard she was on the internet asking for public help. I totally support children being with their natural mother – but only when the children are safe. I don’t think that’s been the situation before the 8 new babies and I cannot imagine that holding true if she doesn’t accept help. The victims here will be the children.

    ReplyDelete